TDUK, in conjunction with other timber industry associations, will be launching The Timber Industry Net-Zero Roadmap at the Building Centre in London on Tuesday 24th January 2023.
The Timber Industry Net-Zero Roadmap project has brought together all actors in the timber supply chain to establish a clear route to net-zero by 2050 for the industry. Join us to hear the roadmap highlights the key areas where the timber industry can make a difference, including:
• How we can improve the efficiency of production and distribution of materials.
• Moving over to electric powered vehicles for the transportation of products, and hydrogen for harvesting.
• Moving over to biomass CHP, and other renewable forms of energy, at production facilities.
• Working with our overseas supply chain to implement similar measures to reduce imported embodied emissions.
The event is aimed at anyone in the construction industry wishing to understand how the timber industry can transition to net-zero by 2050, and ensure it plays a key part in reducing global CO2e emissions.
18:00 – Drinks reception
18:30 – Presentation of Net-Zero Roadmap
• Introduction by Charlie Law – Sustainability Director at TDUK
• Key findings and recommendations – Simon Alsbury/Kesi Courtman, Energise
• Timber industry Feedback by David Hopkins - Chief Executive at TDUK and Stuart Goodall - Chief Executive at Confor
19:15 – Questions
19:30 – Drinks